Monday, May 13, 2013

My Hair Journey So Far

So I decided my first blog would be like a timeline of my hair journey so far. So the summer before    my senior year of high school I decided to get highlights and a haircut (bad idea). It was pretty at first

but my hair was completely damaged which prompted me to do research on how to get healthier hair. This is my hair at the beginning of my hair journey July 27th 2011 completely thin and damaged

I joined two sights called K-I-S-S and Hairlista  after watching a youtuber by the name of UluvMegs and learned so much. In the next picture you can see my hair looking healthier. I made it to APL (Arm Pit Length)

I experienced my first set back in May 2012 after doing my first and only glue in my hair was greasy and there was breakage

I began to baby my hair and try to get it back to its health. This next pic was taken two months after while in Jamaica

So fast forward to the beginning of my freshman year of college. I made grazing BSL(Bra Strap Length)

I participated in a no cutting challenge and did a personal no heat challenge as well which lasted 6 months with one heat pass in between. Here is my first heat pass. I made it to BSL but my ends were not so good.

Here is my hair at the end of the challenge in March I made it to MBL(Mid Back Length) but again with the ends .

So more recently I decided to cut a few inches off my hair and I am now back to Grazing BSL in some parts and barely BSL in others. I will continue to slowly trim and even out my hair.

I wouldn't quite call this time a set back because my hair was in need of a trim and my motto is health before length. Happy Hair Growing =)

8 comments:

  1. I agree! Health before length. No matter what length your hair is, if it's healthy, it will still turn heads :-) keep up with the amazing progress hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks good. Happy hair journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is beautiful! I wish I could get this kind of growth. Looking forward to future posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Your hair looks amazing! :)
    In the second picture, I can see that you had thin and see-through ends (kind of my situation right now), did you cut all of the thin ends off or did you continue on your hair care journey without cutting them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much =). What I did was slowly trim the ends off. I wore a lot of no heat styles. Mostly braidouts (my fave) lol. and just kept my hair moisturized. I did a lot of Deep Conditioning and Protein treatments as well

      Delete